Thursday, July 22, 2010

Anyone fancy a dip?

Now, I know that some people may well snigger at this post; I mean dips, how last century, passe? (etc). However, I make no apologies for being a complete dip-a-holic. Point one, I think dips are such a great middle class institution; and point two: Sometimes simplicity is all you need, and what could be more simple than emptying the contents of a tub of salsa and chucking some crisps in a bowl? You can either do the whole Abigail's Party/ Margot from the Good Life retro thing and dish out really mental looking crudites with industrial sized bowls of dips (whilst sporting your finest Pucci-style cocktail wear of course). Or you can get some really beautiful modern dip bowls and have a go at making up your own dip ideas (I like making a healthy pesto, creme fraiche and pine nut one). Either way, you can concentrate on circulating the room with Champagne glass in hand (instead being stuck in the kitchen), hurrah!

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!

A new take on the dip bowl @ Nambé

Really Jerry - what will the neightbours say!

Handle-less cups from Notonthehighstreet

No comments:

Post a Comment