Friday, March 12, 2010

A Cautionary Tale for You.

Perfume. Beware of buy before you try.

I know this seems really obvious. I mean, seriously, what kind of loser would actually spend good money on a bottle of perfume without sniffing it first to make sure it suits their own unique body scent, ha ha suckers...


..er, well, me actually.
 
A couple of years ago I bought a bottle of Creed's new "Love in Black" for just over £100. I was totally seduced by the gorgeous opulent black bottle and bought it thinking "..with packaging that good it MUST smell great." (incidentally, I only eat prawn cocktail crisps because I like the pink packets)

Sigh! How wrong can a person be?

When I got the perfume home and splashed a bit about my wrists, I was appalled to discover that it made me smell like a walking Parma Violet! Infuriatingly though, the perfume smelled fantastically musky on my friend, the lovely Su. The lovely Su, became the eventual happy recipient of said perfume. I should have stuck with my usual, Spring Flower! (which apparently Audrey Hepburn also used to wear from time to time).

Oh, how I wish I'd gone to Les Scenteurs. You can order samples of Creed (and other delectables perfumes) for £3.00 a pop; just to make sure they suit. They also have a store in Elizabeth Street, London, and if you hurry you might just get something nice in time for Mother's day. http://shop.lessenteurs.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment